Howa 1500

RonJ

These seem to be decent in value. I'm aware that Weatherby uses the actions for their Vanguard line.
My questions are:
What's the difference in their standard synthetic stock and the Hogue Overmolded stock?
Can anyone tell me about the trigger?
I'm considering ordering one in .223.
Any other comments welcome.

What's the difference in their standard synthetic stock and the Hogue Overmolded stock?

The Hogue Overmolded stock is going to be more robust than the standard sythetic stock.

Can anyone tell me about the trigger?

The trigger on mine was great for a factory trigger. It does smooth out even more with use or you can get a trigger job.

I'm considering ordering one in .223.

I have a heavy-barreled one in .223. It is very accurate and the bolt action is very smooth. It has taken many varmints.

I've got one in 300 Win Mag with a plastic stock and another in 308 with a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock. If you have the option of getting the medalist stock, do it. The Medalist stock has an aluminum bedding block and is superb.

The guns are very nice. The trigger is adjustable, BUT be advised that when I tuned my trigger down to the lightest setting and got a great trigger, the safety no longer worked. I had to stiffen the trigger back up to get the safety to engage.

Back