How would you carry a Bobcat?

JJ45

Beretta 21a, contemplating finding one in 22lr, as it is about 12 ounces and I don't have a "mouse gun"

I would like to know some opinions on how you would carry it. Or if you have one or a pistol of the same size how you carry it.

What about simple pocket carry in a pair of jeans or shorts?

Last edited:
There was a time when I'd have said no. I don't own anything like that, but will eventually get something along those lines and in certain situations will carry it.

If you carry with the safety on and nothing else in the pocket all should be fine, but I still prefer a pocket holster.

There was a time when I'd have said no. I don't own anything like that, but will eventually get something along those lines and in certain situations will carry it.
I don't own anything like it either but would like the addition for something different.

Wouldn't be my first choice for CC but I certainly will carry it if I own one, might be fun to see how it shoots and what ammo might be reliable, etc....I think you know what I mean.

Another thing is when not wearing a belt.

I've carried with a Boraii pocket holster. It's a simple kydex trigger holster with a wing that you catch on the corner of your pocket as you draw to knock it off. So minimal that it doesn't add any bulk to the gun at all.
I can carry my Kahr PM9 in my right rear pocket and it looks like a wallet.

I have carried a Bobcat, but it is a thick little pistol, at least in my pocket…
I’ve switched to a keltec P32, which excels in being thin and light, and shooting a better SD round.
Still, the Bobcat is fun and cheap to shoot.

i have one. yes it is thick, but ok in a coat pocket. biggest problem with it though is that it's not real dependable. cci minimags have been the most reliable but i still get light strikes and failure to feed with it. i am sure they vary as far as reliability but you are taking your chances. a small revolver would be a better choice.

My experience even with CCI Mini Mags is after a mag or two the cases swell up quickly and either stick while the next round tries to load or stays in the chamber. To get running again you haft to poke out the empty - Not a good thing in a situation.

Maybe Clean and Cold I'd trust it but not my choice. I had to have one and love it as a toy.

I carry a Pico or bigger most often.

See how yours shoots over and over and let your success drive your decision.

I have the very similar Beretta 3032. I carry mine in a Sticky holster in my pocket. Has worked great that way for many years.

Pocket holster carried one for years .
This was my get out of the door ritual wallet, pistol .
I always carry both in front pockets .
Easier on the Saetica .

Very rarely do it but I do have PJ Holsters for both my old style Tomcat & Bobcat. As long as the Bobcat is clean I’ve had no issues emptying it out when using CCI Stingers. Would usually carry them with one in the chamber & on half cock so the first shot was double action rather than cocked & locked as they’re so small I felt that was a better way to go for me.
https://pjholster.com/t/pocket--purse-holsters

I have Beretta M21s, 950s, 20s.
The model 21 pushes the 950 design concept too far, and is on the edge of being unreliable- especially with light strikes.
The 950 in .25 acp is a far better carry option, if you can find one. 9 rounds of centerfire in a smaller, thinner, lighter package.
These guns can be safely carried hammer down, safety off in a pocket without a holster-as long as nothing else is ever carried in that pocket. The gun must be checked for cleanliness often.

That said- I carry a Keltec P32. It's lighter and shoots a more powerful cartridge.

I’ve had 3 Bobcats all 22lr. Never had any trouble with them. I would say they are the most dependable accurate pocket gun you can buy. I carried them in breast pocket. Everytime I got one somebody in family would cry until I let them have it. We fired hundreds if not thousands of rounds without any failures.

Just curious,as to why are you are considering the Bobcat? There are many pocket guns different calibers, weights and sizes. Do you like the feel of the Gun? Believe that a 22.cal may be less recoil, or that you can train/Practice more with 22.cal, (especially with the ammo shortage)? There are great Pocket guns that can shoot very mild in 32 and 380.
And regardless of what some people say, they are great defensive weapons. Very underrated. They can be exceptionally fast and quick to the draw and can be carried virtually anywhere. So I commend you on seeking one out for EDC. Spend a good amount of time of Training and Practice and you will be surprised at how well you can become proficient. But they do take the Time and Diligence to master.
I have a few in 22.cal but use them for Training/Practice more than carry.

But getting back to your Question. You can carry them in a variety of ways. I would start off with Pocket carry in a Remora, Sticky holster etc. Pocket carry can be very fast to draw and so easy to conceal. Then there are some OWB holsters I have and IWB. I love the Beretta Pico and Kahr in 380. Both very MILD shooting and I carry them in the pocket or in a De Santis OWB. A very tight fitting holster that is lightweight and rides close to the boy. I also carry the P32 mentioned above on Hot Balmy days of summer.
The 22.cal will give you a lot of training and range time which is a must, especially when demand for the 380 is off the chart. Get a Pocket gun and just start in the pocket and later as time goes on, you can seek out other ways to carry.

Two Pocket guns in 380 in a DeSantis ( I also have them for my Micro 9mm's)
5CLY3lk.jpg

Easy IWB
Ocbue43.jpg

Here is one of my favorites. A Remora that has a Clip that can be switched from either side. Especially useful for shorts with no belt. IWB, OWB or Pocket.

KnmDx43.jpg
LIAhiJb.jpg
Here is a Pic of a Remora and Pico that inspired me to get the Remora clip.

WUayNkR.jpg

Welcome to the world of Pocket guns. They are addicting. And they are fun to shoot. Great EDC defense.
Here is a link that will show you some differences of Pocket draw and good info on Pocket guns.

Pocket guns and Gear (rethinking Pocket Carry)

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/rethinking-pocket-carry.html

Last edited:
Back