How well do you shoot your NAA revolver?

TruthTellers

Gonna limit this to barrels under 2 inches in length, basically Black Widows and longer need not apply.

I ask because I took mine out to the range last week and I felt I shot it very well, if hitting an 8 inch plate at 12 to 15 yards 60 to 80% of the time using only one hand is good with an NAA revolver and it wasn't slow firing either, it was as fast as I could shoot it.

BTW, mine is 1.62" barrel convertible and I was mostly shooting .22 LR.

The trick I found was with the LR, the POI was a couple inches below the POA and instead of lining up the front blade with the top of the rear groove, I just ignored the rear and focused only on the front and treated it like a bead sight. The main reason I shot it this way wasn't just the POI/POA difference, it was because trying to line up the sights strained my wrist to an uncomfortable position and I'd rather shoot in as comfortable a position as possible and compensate for the improper sight to get the best result I can on target.

So far, it's working.

I also own a Minimaster and have shot it extensively, so it's possible that I've grown so accustomed to the trigger that it's not a determent like it is to others. I mean, a regular trigger and a larger grip would be better, but that's not possible when the goal is as small a gun as possible.

I may get the boot grips that increase the length of the grip so I can get a two finger hold that might help me with getting the proper sight alignment, at least so I can shoot the .22 Mag better, which shoots high when I shoot it the way I shoot .22 LR.

So, I feel pretty good stretching out to 12 yards and getting pretty repeatable hits with the NAA, but I'm wondering how far away do you guys shoot yours and what results do you normally get?

I haven't shot mine much, but I did notice that, like yours, the POI was below that POA. I guess that I won't be using this for bullseye matches.:p

The only way I can consistently stay on target is with the fold out grips. Try as I might with the stock & larger Revision CV grips that I liked the looks of I just couldn't get the little gun anchored so it lives in the fold up/clip on grips that's OK with me.
Y3QAibVl.jpg

Roughly minute-of-beach-ball at 50 feet.

Closer is better. But not by much.

It would help if I actually tried ... and didn't use different ammo every time I took the little revolver out.
But it doesn't really matter. I didn't buy it for any real purpose.
It's a novelty that I bought for fun. ...And is occasionally the only viable option for concealed carry. (Which is how I justified the purchase... :rolleyes:)

I don't consider the NAA's novelties, they're a great option for a backup gun as they weigh nothing and are so small.

Novelty to me is any gun Bond Arms makes: overpriced, heavy, and entirely not built for any defensive situation.

I really don’t shoot past 5-7 yards with mine (convertible with the 1 5/8” barrel), and am happy if I get all 5 shots on a piece of copy paper. For me, it’s a point blank (5-10’) or contact weapon, not something for any type of distance shooting..............although last time I was out shooting, I tried it on a man sized target (5’ high, 24” wide man shaped steel plate) at a measured 285 yards, because I could. After 10 rounds, I still couldn’t place one within 50 yds of the target, did scare some sagebrush though.

I carry mine cause it’s all I can get away with at work, if I could carry something bigger, more powerful, and easier to shoot, I would. But, it’s better than nothing.

Last edited:
Without the laser, I can place everything in the black of a B27 at 10 feet from the hip (w/o using sights). With the laser, it's a shot to the throat every time. :D

I have 2 but the only one that qualifies for this thread is my 22 short. At 7 yards I can keep them on a paper plate with out much thought but I do have the laser grips for it.

Back