How to use flitz.

glockorama

I finally found some flitz metal polish. How do those of you that use it, apply it? I want to use it to polish the feed ramps of my pistols. Right now, I just ust a cloth and elbow grease for about 15 minutes them buff it with a dry cloth for a few minutes more. Is there a better/more effective way to apply this?

Unfortunatly that is about it. Elbow grease is the only answer. Applied carefully I use 1500 to 2000 grit sandpaper to start cleaning the feed ramp and then use a polish compound.

I've never used it to polish a feedramp. My Cratex tips and a Dremal have worked for that application.

I started using Flitz and switched to Iosso "GunBrite Polish" which Wal-Mart stocks.

The best use I found for both is removing the carbon rings from SS revolver cylinders and cleaning the bore. I use a Q-tip to apply the paste (lightly) on the areas I want to clean. Old T-shirt works to polish the exterior, a patch and rod for the bore. Does a pretty good job on lead deposits, though I usually use a ChoreBoy for that.

If you want to make a SS gun look like nickel, apply the polish, let it dry and use a peice of leather to remove it. A few evenings in front of the tube and you'll have a heck of a shiny gun.

Giz

Back