How to use an AR15 clip?

thaddeus

I bought some beeaauutiful Colt 20 round magazines for my AR. The mags came with some doodads and parts including what is labeled a "full auto sear". What do I do with that?

Haha, just kidding. Okay, so my mags came with some doodads for the magazines that I can't figure out how to use. There are some "stripper clips" that apparently I slide the .223 cartridges into...but then what do I do with them?
Also, the mags came with some doodads that I think might go with the stripper clips. They are these metal half-funnel type things that appear to fit on the end of the stripper clips.
I think it all works together to somehow use the clips to speed load the mags, but heck if I know how to get it all to work.

Can someone tell me how to put this all together and make it work? The concept sounds cool, but I have no idea how to get it all to work.

thanks,
thaddeus

Yeah, Thad.

You take that funnel-looking thing (charger guide) and slip its large end over the back of the AR magazine. You should see a slot on either side of the magazine near the back, designed for this purpose. Once that's in place, you simply slip the 10rd stripper clip into the charger guide's small end (the only end available at this time) and push the rounds down and into the magazine.
The easiest technique to do this is to put the bottom of the magazine in your belly with the bullets facing you and push down on the cartridges very close to the stripper clip. Sometimes you have to push down, release, push down and release again. That's about it.

Back