How to reach Tyler T-grips?

Pond James Pond

Following my plea for input on my revolver grip problem, one company that came up was Tyler and their T-grips.

I've found the website, and with the Astra Cadix listed there's hope they make one compatible with the Astra 680.

But... wait for it.... in, this, the 21st century they have a website, but no email!

Seriously?!

So, does anyone have an email contact for them so that I can save myself an exorbitant transatlantic phone call?

Last edited:
Tyler T grips have been in and out of business so many times that their reputation has suffered. I'd suggest you find some on gunbroker et al if you want reliable service from a purchase.

Not likely in Estonia...;)

If nothing comes of it, I may try to find some S&W grips to go with it...

Not easy living in a country with half-way decent gun laws but no market for them!
:o

Last edited:
I ordered a grip from them in january, 4 months ago now and haven't heard a word since. I check my account, and they've cashed the check I sent them. I've heard of customers having to wait over 6 months just to get a simple grip. Just buy a used one off of ebay.

Try these guys. Ive had good luck with them over the years and the recent past. Prices arent bad either.

www.bkgrips.com

They may not make them for your specific gun, but a lot of them, both T Grip and BK, will fit multiple makes and models close enough.

JP,
Ever since Mel passed, his family has not had the same level of commitment.
Not to mention the revolver trade (and need for Tyler's) has fallen way behind the autos,
and they do have to have paying jobs as well.
But updates to the site concerning delivery times would be the polite thing to do.

A few T-grips here.
Take your best guess as to the Astra 680 frame size
to a Smith or a Colt and I'll see what I've got lying around.

JT

Have you considered Hogue or Pachmayr rubber grips that have the same finger grooves as Tyler T-Grips? I have both, and find they give the same exact grip-hold, other than being rubber vs. wood/metal combination.

I hve considered those but the problem is that I have an Astra and, although modelled on the K-frame Smith, isn't it just typical that the bit that varies most greatly is the bit most likely to have an after-market upgrade: the grip section.

The Astra has a different mainspring assembly and so its grip structure is quite different under the surface.

So buying a S&W grip may not fit my S&W clone at all.

JP,
I did check my Tyler's and all I have is a number 3 (square butt?), not a 3R.
Also have quite a few No. 6 as well.

I have no idea of the regs to send it, but feel free to PM me if shipping it to you is
okay.
It's worth a try and you could probably file or dremel it to shape if need be.

I agree the grip profile is a bit different than a Smith K frame.

JT

JP,
I did check my Tyler's and all I have is a number 3 (square butt?), not a 3R.
Also have quite a few No. 6 as well.

I have no idea of the regs to send it, but feel free to PM me if shipping it to you is
okay.
It's worth a try and you could probably file or dremel it to shape if need be.

I agree the grip profile is a bit different than a Smith K frame.

JT

I don't think there would be any shipping restriction. (But check with shipper).

Back