• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How to quote?

Quoting is really quite simple. Find the text you want to quote. Now, put your cursor at the beginning of it and hold down the left-click mouse botton and highlight it. Once you have it highlighted, click Ctrl-C. That copies it into the buffer.

Next, click on the quote symbol (third one from the right, second line, on this site) and press Ctrl-V to paste it.

Very easy. Hope this helps.

Quoting is really quite simple. Find the text you want to quote. Now, put your cursor at the beginning of it and hold down the left-click mouse botton and highlight it. Once you have it highlighted, click Ctrl-C. That copies it into the buffer.

just checking if I know what im doing...thanks skeeter

Just testing. I wanted to know how to do that too.

When you're composing your reply, highlight the text you want to have quoted and click the icon above the text window that looks like this:
quote.gif

Voila! The highlighted text will have quote tags around it.

You can also manually type {quote} and {/quote} before and after the text you want to quote, using the square brackets [ ] instead of the one's I used, of course.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

When you're composing your reply, highlight the text you want to have quoted and click the icon above the text window that looks like this:
Test

Quote...how to

Never mind....after my post showed up, I got my answer!!!;) ;) ;)

You'd have to see what I did...let me try to show it.....

If you type [.quote.] (but leave out the periods), then type [./quote.] (but leave out the periods again) it works...gotta love HTML

It will show up like this:

If you type
(but leave out the periods), then type
(but leave out the periods again) it works...gotta love HTML

Last edited:
testing quote use

StayCool

Also Testing

Quoting is really quite simple. Find the text you want to quote. Now, put your cursor at the beginning of it and hold down the left-click mouse botton and highlight it. Once you have it highlighted, click Ctrl-C. That copies it into the buffer
That's Cool! What did I do wrong?

Testing

Quoting is really quite simple. Find the text you want to quote. Now, put your cursor at the beginning of it and hold down the left-click mouse botton and highlight it. Once you have it highlighted, click Ctrl-C. That copies it into the buffer
I may have it.
I do, Thanks so much!

Back