How to mount this Tasco?

DueceOne

Inactive
This may seem like a basic problem, but I'm new to rifles in general.

I bought a Savage Mark II F that came with these base mounts that don't seem to accept the rings that came with my Tasco 3-9x32.

Should I buy a new base mount or new rings? I don't know what rings fit onto the stock base mounts that come with a factory new Savage Mark II F.

Thanks guys.

Tell us the problem.

I bought a Savage Mark II F that came with these base mounts that don't seem to accept the rings that came with my Tasco 3-9x32.
Might want to give us more info than this. Can you be more specific on why it's not working. I suspect you might need a different set of rings. ..... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

You probably have a mismatch between the rail and rings. Most 22lr rifles have used a 3/8" wide dovetail mount, most standard rings are for a weaver rail that is 13/16".

@bedlamite
@Pahoo

I think it is a mismatch. The rings that came with the scope don't seem to fit on the rail. It's not really a rail though, it's two seperate mounts. But anyways, they don't seem to be compatible. How would I go about fixing this issue? Buy a rail that is compatible with my Tasco? A Weaver rail should do the trick?

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy 2 of the Weaver Top-Mounts you guys suggested. Then, if somehow my current rings don't fit the weaver mount, I'll order new rings that are for sure compatible.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh and also, since this is my first time mounting a scope, you guys suggest investing in applicants like Loctite threadlockers and cleaners/degreasers? Hopefully my local Walmart or Dicks carries those.

Oh and also, since this is my first time mounting a scope, you guys suggest investing in applicants like Loctite threadlockers and cleaners/degreasers?
There's no need for Locktite

Just clean the screws AND the holes with a good solvent to remove any oil and then install the bases and rings

RimFire 3/8" VS. standard 1" ??

The rings that came with the scope don't seem to fit on the rail.
Okay, let's try it this way. You state that your scope, came with rings. This is most common on less expensive scopes and your rings might be designated for a RimFire base or 3/8". You bases are rated for the larger base rings of 1". Now then, am I getting close? I can't see where there is anything wrong with your rings and I prefer the larger of the two so that means you have to get the wider rings clamps. Now, then, some bases have dual service and will accommodate both. Yours may not and I will have to check mine to confirm what I have. I know for a fact, that I have the wider based rings and not the Rimfires. Again, am I getting closer of way out of the park. .... :confused:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/14...nd-slam-rings-22-rimfire?cm_vc=ProductFinding

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...ved-receiver-to-10-gloss?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Be Safe !!!

Go with the wider 1" based rings !!!

Okay, I just checked all of my MK-II's and the supplied factory bases are all 1" as opposed to the 3/8", RimFire. So my "guess" is that you have RimFire rings and that is why I recommend you getting the preferred wider base rings. ... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

@Pahoo,

I think you are right on the money. The factory bases were too big, I'm assuming they are 1", for the rings. I think the rings are meant to be for a base that is 3/8".

Which is why I just bought two of the weaver top mounts as suggested by bedlamite and idek.

Thanks! and sorry for all the confusion.

Back