How to Make Dummy Rounds

GorillaGunworks

Hey guys so i just uploaded a new video on my channel on how to make some Dummy Rounds at home as a weekend project or just for fun. these are great for Dry fire training and for running pistol malfunction training drills. I hope you guys like the video.

https://youtu.be/BoL_IQ2EShM

Dummy rounds:

I do not make dummy rounds, a dummy should know what they are worth. I make transfers, I size/form cases for different length chambers from the beginning of the throat to the bolt face. I make form/size cases with different lengths from the shoulder of the case to the case head when determining the length of the chamber for clearance.

I do not make dummy cases.

F. Guffey

I have a plethora of snap caps for dry fire practice in a variety of calibers that I use for dry fire training all the time. Comes in very handy with the plastic primer to keep wear and tear on the firearm to a minimum. Gonna have to check out that video. Snap caps are expensive.

I made dummy rounds for all of my semi-auto pistols, using about the same method used in the video. Only two differences are that I drilled the hole all the way through to the other side, and I used one of my presses to re-seat the bullets. Nice video.

Back