How to get California CC if you live in Oregon?

Evergreen

Is it possible? I was told there is a few counties in Northern California that have issued concealed weapons permits. I guess its hard enough for a Californian to get a permit, so being an Oregonian I would imagine its even harder. However, I was just throwing this out there. I do have family in California, but I refuse to go there because I am not allowed to protect myself, in a place that has some of the highest crime in the country. Has anyone heard if there is any cool sheriff or county in California where out-of-staters can get a concealed weapons permit? Does California state law forbid out-of-state people from obtaining a California permit, altogether?

Just curious.. I know this is probably just a silly question.

Check out www.handgunlaw.us and www.opencarry.org

Most firearms questions can be answered by one of these two websites.

IIRC, CA does not issue non-resident permits. Which means that you must be a resident of CA to attempt to obtain one of their CCW permits. I've heard rumor that even if you are a resident and obtain a CCW permit, it is only valid in the county where you live or work. Not 100% sure of that though...

Easy answer - California doesn't issue non-resident concealed-carry licenses. (As SouthCali points out, they barely issue resident CHLs.)

NO out-of-state non-resident permits. You must reside in jurisdiction that issues.

Any Cali CCW permit is VALID Statewide....NOT just in jurisdiction where issued.

Back