How to Fix Mags that Suck Part 3: Pro-Mag AR Mags

savage1r

Lets face it, there are a lot of magazines that suck out there. Some manufacturers who are notorious can actually make decent ones from time to time, but often we are left with a busted or non-functioning magazine with no customer support. The long lesson is spend the extra $3 for a good one, but sometimes the short answer is superglue solves everything.

VIDEO LINK

"Simple buy Magpul P-mags!"

I know right? Well, I like trying different brands and seeing which ones are good and which ones aren't for myself. I plan on getting a few others after I spring for a few magpul 40's.

I prefer 20 round magazines, they don't get in the dirt as much when I'm varmint shooting from the prone. That said I can't even buy those anymore, but I did get in on Magpu's Airlift before the ban of standard capacity magazines took effect July 1. So now I have 20 new 30 round magazines in Gen 2 & 3. However, I still haven't taken the plastic wrappers off them as I prefer my GI Colt 20 round magazines.

Last I checked, it's still legal to 'walk them in' from out of state, so there's always that option. But seeing as how you have 20, That's more than all the mags I have for all my guns combined.

It's against the law to "walk" them in, but there is no real way to enforce this law. That is why most County Sherriff's in Colorado say they won't even attempt to enforce the law.

When I can buy a 30 round Steel mag from Midway for $10 (clearance) I don't worry about it. So far I've only bought steel ones, Stoners (20 rounders) seem to be my favorite but also have one 30 round GI aluminum one, don't like it as well, found out that loaded rounds that cleared easily in the Stoners didn't quite clear in the GI aluminum one, and it has a somewhat sloppy fit, but it functions quite well, and it was given to me so I can't complain. What functioning problems I've had were quickly and easily solved with a pair of 2X reading glasses and a small file.

Back