How to deal with an issue on Remington 700

Huh12345

Hi,

I have a Remington 700 sps tactical and it has a pretty major issue. The gun wasn't even used all that much and for what ever reason the bolt got completely stuck and I loosened the stock to resolve the issue and the bolt was still very tight and as a result was all scratched up. I am very frustrated with the gun given that it wasn't shot all that much... I bought the gun from a gun store. Do I take it to them to resolve this issue? Do I send it to Remington and demand for my money back? And any suggestions on a replacement for this gun?

Just sitting- Rusted? Varnished? Dirty?

Shooting- Overpressure? Reloads? Dirty?

After cleaning or maintenance- Action screws hitting bolt? Safety on?

You can call Remington Customer Service and see what they say. I would have done this before venting on an internet forum. They may ask you to send it in to them.

Bought new, in a dry safe storage unit, shot at most 200 rounds, disassembled once and the screws were not on very tight. Very frustrated with this gun and will be replacing it.

Screws holding the scope base mount to the receiver are to long? Making contact with the bolt?

This is my guess. With most mounts the rear base is supposed to have the longer screws. It is easy to not notice when mounting a scope base. If the longer screws get put in the front they protrude through the receiver enough to hit the bolt.

A fairly common issue.

hi

you went for the 700,i am glad i didn't bought.
you have to rebuild totally before you can shoot
if you don't like it, keep it original and sell
the store is full off second hand, nearly not used,shot,seen att
hopely it come all right

Huh12345, you mention that you disassembled once and screws not very tight. If you didn't take mounts off and bolt worked then it has to be the guard screws, one or both

Last edited:
Back