How to check on a CCW permit

EnoughGUN

I sent in my app for a Fla non res permitt in March. Is there any actual way to check on it? No one answers the divisions phone.

Here is a phone number, if you do not already have it. 850-245-5691.
Be prepared to hold for 45-60 minutes & listen to their info recording. I found the best time is early in the morning. I just went through getting my permit & it took 6 months. (Some have been waiting since November of last year)They say do not even call unless it has been 90 days. They are severely back logged, even though they hired 60 extra temporary people to clear it up. I have heard they have cut back on the temp help now. GOOOOOOd Luck.

Diamond LawDawg said:
Florida politicians raided the finacial coffures of the CCW office to-wit applications should take about 18 months
Bad and outdated information! :eek:

On May 27, Gov. Crist vetoed that bill. Thanks in large part to the work of Marion P. Hammer, USF Executive Director and NRA past President (they wouldn't have been able to hire those 60 additional workers, otherwise).

What is taking so long is simply the influx of new applications.

The NRA-ILA alert is here. An article in the Orlando Sentinel is here.

ccw

OK, I figured they were probably WAY behind due to the recor numbers of applicants this year. Thanx for the help guys. I'll keep on top of it.

Back