How to best clean a Rossi '92?

Armando B

How do I best clean my Rossi '92?

Do I use a bore snake? Do I just do the barrel?

What about the magazine?

I bought it from a pard so I don't have a manual for it...where can I get one?

Thanks!

Just old smokeless. :)

Since I don't have the manual, I don't want to be remiss in cleaning some do-dad or other that is important.

I would just use a boresnake and clean the inside of the receiver as best you can without taking the gun apart.

'92s are a real bear to tear down and reassemble if you're not practiced at it.

Howdy Armando!

If you have the '92 out on a wet day, you'll probably want to at least spray some gunk-out type gun cleaner thru the mag tube, enough to de-moisturize it anyhow. IIRC, it's not all that hard to get the cap off the front of the tube, consult an exploded drawing or your friendly neighborhood veteran Cowboy Action Shooter for details!

brake Cleaner/Gun Scrub does a good job on ours. that and a bore snake, the butt stock is easy enough to to do, the forestock has always been a pain. be sure to use a good lube when your done (tetra grease works well), for a manual try contacting Tarus (they bought Rossi)

this post was very timely because mine had started to not eject very well so i used the instructions to take it apart.....i think i've had it apart before and seems like i recall taking the slide out but i had never taken the lower tang out before....that lower tang is a pain the wazoo to put back in....one of those jobs where you need all your finger and toes........anyway i took out the slide and took out the extractor and bent the extractor a little bit and now it works better.........Could i have taken out the slide without taking out the lower tang??????? i think i'm calling it the slide in error but i think you know what i'm talking about....thanks....Dick

Back