How to age a Model 94 Winchester

suckersrus

Is there a way to guessimate the date of my 94 Winchester? Pre '64 etc.
It says Winchester on it.
It does not have a safety.
It is not angle eject.
What else do I look for?

------------------
Wear your PFD

Hi there. The '99 Standard Catalog of Firearms lists the 'post-64' Model 94 change beginning with serial number 2,586,000.
I'll check back later, or tomorrow, if you want the exact year - the list is in the book. Angled ejection became standard in 1982. Best, John

You might want to post this question in another TFL forum: Harley Nolden's Institute for Firearms Research. I suspect you will receive a very thorough reply.

Post the first 3 digets of the ser number.That can be looked up to giv eyou the year of manufacture.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

As long as someone's looking up numbers, how about doing mine? Thanks...

434 are the first three, it's a pre crossbar safety, and I picked it up last year, like new condition. It may not ever have been fired. Thanks again...

Suckersrus, my guess is your serial number is only 7 digits long. If that's true your Winchester Model 94 was made in 1966.

Dave, with a 7 digit serial number your Model 94 was made in 1975.

Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

My 94's serial # is 7 digits, first 4 are:
1918XXX. I think someone once told me it was about 1949. Can that be right?
Thanks!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steven Mace:
Suckersrus, my guess is your serial number is only 7 digits long. [/quote]

Yep, I got carried away with the exes.
Thanks everyone, esp Steven M.

------------------
Wear your PFD

Thanks, Steven. The rifle's in new condition, and I doubt a box of ammo has been through it besides the few rounds I've put so far. I basically hunt shotgun counties but I've wanted one of these for a while.

Back