How safe is your neighborhood?-Find out here

very interesting oh now i remember why i keep those 12 ga in the house :) truthfuly though it is an interesting site

------------------
oneshotonekill

Fun, but lest we forget, crime statistics may be altered to make an agency look better. By changing a classification of a crime and reporting it as such, you've got a more effective police department!

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Low risk area for me too. Could it be because about 90% of the people who live around here are armed? ;)

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

Mine's a 1-3. Given that we live in the mountains, half my neighbors belong to the same range, I'd say it's more like a -15.

Very interesting. My home is in a 1 area. Bill Clinton's home is in an 8 area, but the surrounding areas are mostly 6's. I guess we know what caused a higher crime rate at the WH. :)

Not too much reason to worry here--mine rated a five. I take it that factor assumes just a normal day. Put an incoming hurricane in the picture, and I'm sure the rating would increase by ay least 1.5.

jth

I wish these were broken down just a little better. For example, in the area I live in next to Ohio State University, the area is rated as a 6. the zip code for Ohio State University (43210) is also a six, yet the campus is far safer than strolling in the campus ghetto :)

I think that this is your chance of being the victim of some crime, any crime which is why the campus has such a high number because people seem to enjoy stealing bookbags and the like.

Don't forget that even areas as small as zip codes can have hot spots which can make an entire zip code look like a warzone :)

just for $hits and giggles, someone give me a zip code that is a 10 :)

Back