How old is my win. model 70 xtr sporter mag?

glenn1776

Inactive
Was wndering if anyone could tell me how old this winchester model 70 xtr sporter mag is. Was thinking about buyig from a friend. In almost perfect condition. ser #g1819245. Thanks for your time.

That would be about 1984. The XTR models were introduced 1980ish, they had cut checkering and glossy finishes.

Unless it is a Leupold, Zeiss, or other better known brand a scope adds very little if any to the price. Sounds like it might be an older Redfield. If so it would add $50-$100 to the price.

The pushfeed XTR's are good dependable guns, but can sometimes be hard to sell and don't bring as much as they probably should. A good thing if you're a buyer. I think they are the most under valued used guns out there.

Depending on condition and chambering $300-$400 with around $350 on average is what I see them actually sell for. I see a few advertised for more, but they aren't selling.

Isn't it funny that since there is such a perceived advantage to the pre-64 and classic action Model 70s that it pushes the value of these excellent push feed rifles below the level of inferior rifles new and used!? I will take a push feed 70 over anything but a classic/pre-64/FN model 70. And if you are taking into account value for your dollar the push feeds are the way to go.

Back