How often do you check your screws

Every time I go shooting, there has to be some reason (other than me) that my groups are not the size I say they should be!

Not that often !!!

I use a silver colored pencil and put reference marks on my scope mounts. They are so light that you can hardly see them and easily removed. I refer to them often and know when something is coming loose. I guess you can do the same with the screws heads. I might add that with the prep that I do, I don't often see this problem. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

The rings & base are Ken Farell , they haven't given me a problem. Have them on my rifle for 3 years , checked them today for the first time, they were fine.

Only ever had a problem of scope base screws coming loose with one rifle. I LocTite all of the scope mount screws, and I don't worry about them. If they loosen up, I will know.

Just one check with a shrink 30 years ago. -- he said "your screws are fine, you are good to go.".....:eek:

David. :)

Never. Only one time did I have a problem gun, a .44 Magnum. I used loctite and the base screws still came loose after a while.

Thanks guys, thought from different changes in temperature, steel will expand & contract that its a good idea to check torque settings, say once a year even when there's no problem. Checked mine just before I posted, all was good. Only wanted to hear what you did. Thanks

Locktite all screws. Then establish witness marks. The loctite should hold, but the witness marks (lines) will tell you if there's loosening.

DO NOT accept any loosey-goosey sh*t anywhere on your rifle's optic system, whether it's in the mount, in the rings, in the screws, or something on the optic itself. And that's regardless of whether your rifle is a rimfire or a centerfire.

Get it fixed and get it locked-down tight!

Back