How much is this Bohler Blitz Stahl worth?

Fieldsy

Inactive
I do not have pictures yet, but my dad just called me asking me to find out how much this gun is worth. His father gave him the gun.

Anyways, on the gun it says "J. Nowotny Brag" and is a Bohler Blitz Stahl. He says the gun is in very good condition.

I apologize if I didn't give you much info. I will get pictures in a few days. I tried googling this info, but nothing at all came up.

Thanks!

Depends entirely on what it is and what condition it's in; J. Nowotny was a Czech manufacturer based in Prague (he's misreading "Brag") who made all sorts of rifles, shotguns and combination guns. "Bohler Blitz Stahl" is just the steel that he used to build this particular one; "blitz stahl" translates as "lightning steel", and was a trademark of the Bohler steel-making company.

Nowotny made several different kinds of "guns", mostly break-opens - Single-shots, SxS doubles, SxS Cape guns (1 shot/1 rifled bbl), SxS double rifles & double shotguns, and IIRC 3-barrel Drillings & 4-bbl Vierlings.

What kind of "gun" do you wish evaluated, and in what "condition" (remaining % of factory new finish/condition) is it ? ("very good" isn't a condition, it's an opinion)

Back