How many rounds do you use at the Range??

epr105

How many rounds do you shoot (handgun)when you are at the range?? I go through 200 or more. I shoot at least once a week. How about you

I go 2-3x a week, about 150-300 each time. Mostly .45 ACP and 9mm. Course, main reason why I go so often is because I still suck.

300-500

Usually 300-500 rounds. Unfortunately I do not get to the range very often. One is only open on weekends, the others are usually closed by the time I get off work.

When I go (about 1 time a month, maybe less if I get really busy, sometimes more if I am not that busy) I normally fire about 400-700rnds of various ammo.

I get at least 27 rounds twice a week. When I first started shooting handguns, I went thru 7000 in 8 months. But now I am just maintaining my skills and most of mine are shoot and move drills now anyways.

I shoot about 100-150 rounds of .45 each week. And around 20 rounds of 00 buck 12 gauge.

Most of my shooting regimen is drawing from concealment. Usually practice from 5-7 yards. Draw, double tap to the COM and 1 to the head. Decock, and repeat. This gets boring after awhile especially since this is mostly what I do but God forbid I ever need to use my weapon, I want this move to be instinctive.

I'm actually studying for the Bar Exam right now, so I don't get out as much as I'd like to. Maybe twice a month... maybe...

When I go, I typically go through 100 rounds of .45 ACP, and then shoot my little snub .22 until I get bored (about 100 more rounds usually does the trick). My pistol instructor tells me that shooting more than 50-100 rounds of the .45, at my beginning skill level, really doesn't do me any good, because the recoil will steadily "shred my nerves" and chip away at my ability to concentrate on the shot. I don't know if this is true, but I do notice that shooting 100 rounds of .45 makes me just as tired as mowing the lawn for about an hour.

Do you more experienced guys find that you can shoot more now than you could when you were a beginner?

my first pistol was a 2" colt cobra....with standard pressure .38s i had quite the flinch. I used to think shooting 200 rounds a session would improve my aim but i was still jerking the trigger. I cut back to 50 rounds a lot at close range 5 yards or so and really worked on squeezing (didnt have snap caps and wasnt about to start dryfiring a 40+ year old pistol). this really helped. The same thing happened when i got my ruger, worked hard to stop my flinch with .357s and get used to the trigger, and i did this by only brining 50 or less rounds to the range. Now, with guns i shoot well i will shoot 100-200 rounds a session. I endorse this method because it worked for me, but everyones different. Good luck

Between 100-150 rds of 9mm once a week.

Start with deliberate fire at 7 yards for groups.
Then double tap at 7 yards for speed
Move to 30-35 ft for more deliberate fire
Bring target back into 5 yards to practice rapid sight picture and rapid fire.

I have a Sig 220ST on the way, so I'll probably move to shooting a box of 9 and .45 for economy sake.

Back