How many of you have taken medium or large game with an EBR?

Have you taken game with an EBR?

• Yes, I have.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, I have not, although I am a hunter.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No, I have not, but I don't hunt.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Your poll is pretty stupid.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

FirstFreedom

I'm defining EBR for purposes of this thread only as a "semi-auto, detachable-mag-fed, civilian version/copy of a rifle designed at some point for a country or countries' military unit or units" - examples are ARs, AKs, FALs, HK91, M1A, etc. If so, comment please.

No, but I've killed a deer with a Springield M1903.

I've hunted deer with a No 4 Mk 1 SMLE, and elk with a No. 5 Jungle Carbine.

I've hunted coyotes with an old AR15, but never fired a shot.

I have taken my M1A Hog and deer hunting. Iron sights, 5 round mag, Federal Classic 150 grain SP ammo. No luck yet with Whitetails, but it works well on hogs.

200# boar hog with Colt AR15. Worked better than I expected, but it was a well placed shot through the shoulders.

I've taken hogs and javalina with a 16" AR. I've had mixed results. You really need to choose your shot placement and ammunition carefully.

ebr

The only thing I have shot with such a firearm would go under the heading of "The most dangerous game" Ya know, the kind that shoots back or first.

Why yes, Yes I have. :) Last fall, a head shot on a small doe just so I could say I have and it could be done. A skilled hunter should be able to and most definitely could, use an EBR to hunt with.

edited to clear up point of statement

Last edited:
Back