How many anti's could identify a sawed off shotgun barrel?

Hal

Local press and radio is playing up the shotgun barrel that was found in plain sight in one of the kids rooms. I know that everyone on this forum would instantly know what it was, and how it got there. I would be surprised if 1 out of 1000 hard core anti's would know what it was, or more importantly, what it signaled. Even among this group, would anyone know what a couple bottles of Iodine and Ammonia signified?

*Note: Please don't overreact to the listing of the Iodine and Ammonia, the required strength of both is NOT available any longer.

------------------
(!)

Hal: Ammonia and Iodine signify good clean fun to me. (And it's EASY to concentrate them.) Nitrogen tri-iodide; A VERY sensitive contact explosive. Paint it on the floor, and it goes off like a firecracker when you step on it. (But DON'T let the bottle dry out!)

And making enough of that contact explosive for serious damage would be expensive...I checked prices back in high school. Besides, it is almost as dangerous to the user...

Now, plain-jain 19c technology like dynamite...

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."

Maybe they thought it was a crack pipe and drug manifacturing materials. (Much more socially acceptable)

------------------
lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

Ya know what is really spooky?

Freefinkelmann is right!

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I read a post on usenet rec.guns a couple of years ago. The poster was a student at a University with a strictly inforced no-gun or gun accessory policy. He had a reloading scale in his dorm room that was discovered. He was faced with either: A.) Admitting that he had a reloading scale to measure powder for his LEGAL HOBBY, which would have meant immediate expulsion. or B.) Lying and saying the scale was used to measure drugs.

He recieved drug intervention therapy for three days and remained in school.

------------------
(!)

Back