How loud is cap gun?

Petar

Inactive
Hello everybody,

I have question that I'm really embarrassed to ask since this is forum for real firearms.I didn't know who or where to ask this question,so I'll ask here.

I live in Croatia and we can't get license for firearms unless we have very,VERY good reason,like if you're security guard or something like that for instance.

Since I don't work like security guard or police officer,I must satisfy myself with blank guns or airsoft.

I already have Ekol Firat Magnum (92FS blank replica),but I found by accident video in which guy have 92FS that have shell ejecting function and small smoke from gun.

That is what you guys call ''cap gun'',right?

I got my blank gun that is loud as real gun (maybe a bit quieter),and it uses 9mm PAK rounds.

I'm thinking about buying this cap gun replica,but I can't see anywhere how loud it is?

So,my question is:is 9mm cap gun much more quieter then my 9mm PAK blank gun and can it be used indoors?

Once again,I apologize for opening thread on real firearms forum,I didn't know where else to ask.

EDIT:This cap gun isn't 10$ toy,it a bit more realistic and it costs around 230$.Also,here is a video that show shooting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY-9K4qRYi0
It shows shooting at 1:49,so if you have time and will,please check it.

Kind regards,
Petar

Last edited:
9mm PAK can reach up to 100 decibels, based of manufacturer's readings. A cap gun on the other hand will depend on the type of cap being used.

Petar said:
The cap gun I'm planning to buy uses 7mm,here is link for ammo:
https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...m/20090717001/
This is not what we in the U.S. consider to be a cap gun. I am 74 years old -- I grew up in the days before most people were terrified of pictures of firearms, in the period when most of the television shows in the evening were about cowboys, and every boy had a two-holster rig and a pair of cap gun six shooters. The caps were nothing but a small dot of gunpowder (or primer compound, I don't know which) on paper. The dot of firing compound measured perhaps 2mm or possibly 3mm (no more) in diameter. These were arranged either on round discs of paper or on continuous strips of paper, depending on the design of the cap gun.

Our caps were definitely not load. No hearing protection was needed.

The "caps" shown in your link appear to be similar to PAK blank cartridges, but made of plastic. I have never seen anything like these, so I cannot guess how loud they might be.

Back