• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How long before TFL is deplatformed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know it’s “under attack” versus a server or other technical issue?
It wouldn’t surprise me if the commies come for the forums...
But I would like facts instead of speculation

This was posted...

7552-EAB1-AD2-F-420-D-922-E-4-A48-F73637-E5.png

TFL has moderation

The platforms being deplatformed Recently do not have moderation plans, so that’s why they are getting taken down.

There’s not much politics tolerated here, so TFL isn’t left or right leaning... not on anyone’s radar.

Don't be too sure of that radar thing. I cannot open TFL in the edge browser on my company laptop because it is blocked (chrome and presumably firefox work just fine) That's even at home on my own network and the VPN is not running. That started before last week; I don't know when.

Don't hold your breath.

But, yes, the sites being targeted right now have allowed people to talk about violent acts, potentially incite violence, and discuss causing harm to elected officials.

That is not allowed here.

TFL is hosted by CloudFlare, though...

Talk about guns, not politics, and there "shouldn't" be anything to worry about.

There’s not much politics tolerated here, so TFL isn’t left or right leaning... not on anyone’s radar.

True that about not much politics, but don't fool yourself about this forum not being on anyone's radar. It's 100% about guns and the shooting sports. You can bet the farm someone is watching it.

Mike38, that’s probably a better way to put it.

Right now they want to end un-moderated social media platforms that people go to to talk politics and conspiracy theories. So, at the moment, I don’t think that they are as concerned about TFL. Once the current political climate resolves itself, then maybe gun forums will follow.

They would rather keep the sight up to data mine when they want to find out what someone has.

Two huge takeaways from this, and I think both are extremely important...

1. First, it’s not prudent to discuss or suppose mass violence or a revolution is in order just because your pick for president didn’t win. Especially since there is no “central election office” or system that could be rigged in one spot. We have 51 different election systems (more counting territories), and to suppose that they were all (or even enough to ensure a sway of the election) were simultaneously rigged to produce a certain outcome is not realistic, given that the current presidential nominee won by 7 million votes. Discussing beliefs that there was fraud in some places is appropriate. Discussing a lot of things is appropriate. Discussing treason (“revolution”) or violence because you don’t like the results of a free election is not appropriate at all. And the fact that this does occur in significance makes my next point much more difficult to tackle...

2. Private companies in big tech wields way too much power, and they are not subject to constitutional mandates like the government is. Certainly, Google can’t kick your door in and take you to jail... but their power to control and influence public discourse will soon eclipse even the powers of the state to take your freedom. When you get to deem your political opponents as immoral, evil, and enemies of the people; AND you host platforms where 75% of the public speech in America takes place... well that’s a recipe for danger. Given the fact that there is now planned riots... I mean “armed protests”... in all 50 states on Inauguration Day, it’s hard for conservative voices to claim some kind of moral high ground over Google and twitter.

It may sound like I disdain DJT but I really liked most of his policies. Alas, it’s time for the party that does not support gun control to move past the DJT era. I personally pray there is a Ronald Reagan clone out there somewhere.

TFL and THR distinguish themselves by not putting up with a bunch of heavy-breathers crying out that every liberal is a Communist who should be strung up.

Plus, there are plenty of liberal gun-owners (such as myself) who post here and are not silenced. Unlike a lot of gun forums, this not an echo chamber, nor is it a breeding ground for sedition.

Do we have members that have been identified as carrying zip ties over the barricades into the capitol, looking for Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence? Not as far as I know!

This site is all about discussing firearms and firearms-related activities and products. From the forum rules:

5. Topics and conduct that will not be tolerated:

Political Advocacy posts, or any purely political topic. However, some very few exceptions may be made.
Conspiracy threads or posts
This discussion area is for asking questions about how site features work (or don't work), and for making suggestions about improving the site. This thread appears to be discussion a political conjecture. The question of whether or not the new administration (or certain parties acting outside of the administration) may try to shut down forums such as this is an interesting question that perhaps deserves to be discussed ... somewhere else.

Bottom line: it's politics, and it's conspiracy theory. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back