How is this Glock conversion legal?

Beretta686

I was meandering round the internet (scary I know) and stumbled across this Glock full-auto conversion that is supposedly 100% legal provided you don't have it with a Glock pistol.

I understand you can have M16 parts without an M16, as long as you don't have an AR15, but this is something explicitly designed to convert a semi-automatic pistol into a Machine-Gun.

Despite their disclaimer about it being for SOTs, I'm sure this is targeted at people who want to take their Glock and shoot it out in the country where nobody will hear it, but how can this be legal?

Though this is obviously a legitimate company, not the shady supposed ATF Lightning Link Sting in Shotgun News years ago, but how is this any different than that an unregistered Lightning Link?

Last edited:
Did you not read the add?

COMPLETED UNITS AVAILABLE TO:
Individual Officers on department letter and P.O.
Law Enforcment Agencies on a Department P.O.
Dealers with a law Enforcment Demo Letter

But you can still order it. By "Competed Units" I believe they're referring to complete pistols, as you can order the kit right now.

It's no different than owning a short barrel for a rifle but not owning the rifle. It's not illegal until it's with it's parent firearm.

Notice their warning about "Constructive Possession". If you own that sear kit AND a Glock handgun, you'd be in "constructive possesion" of an illegal full-auto gun.

Own the kit without the gun, no problem.

They are not functional conversion kits. They are not completed and come with instructions on how to complete.

The completed functional units are registered and transfer to qualified individuals and govment agencies.

How about this conversion?
http://mechtechsys.com/glock.php.

405116532.jpg

It's no different than owning a short barrel for a rifle but not owning the rifle. It's not illegal until it's with it's parent firearm.

Notice their warning about "Constructive Possession". If you own that sear kit AND a Glock handgun, you'd be in "constructive possesion" of an illegal full-auto gun.

Own the kit without the gun, no problem.

So you could, but why would a non-LEO even want one? What's the point?

That conversion is legal because there are no restrictions whatsoever on turning a handgun into a rifle.
WhaT? there is a pistol grip on that pistol, that would be illegal w/o tax stamp "AOW"

When a pistol is put into rifle configuration it is not a handgun, so two vertical grips are fine on a rifle as long as only one vertical grip remains when it is put back into handgun configuration.

So you could, but why would a non-LEO even want one? What's the point?

My question would be why would an LEO want one? Having an automatic pistol as a duty weapon would just be stupid.

It's probably fun to dump a mag in a second; but completely impractical.

Individual officers must meet the same requirements as any other citizen, and those conversion kits can not be legally possessed by an individual who also possesses a Glock.

If you can't use the kit, then WHAT IS the point of having one? If I own a Ferrari, I CAN drive it, even though it'll run 200+mph.

Back