*How does the Sig Pro Series compare to the regular Sigs?

magnum_force

What are the major differences between the Sig Pro Series compare to the regular Sigs? Which ones are more reliable and accurate? Which ones are the ones to buy?

Though I love the classic "P" series, there's something about the SIGPro series that leaves me wanting.

The P series offer an economy of design. There's no long levers, everything is right there, and they fit the hand like no other pistol out there. The Pro series seem to defy that very design concept. They're big; they're blocky; the slide release is at the end of a long lever; they don't seem to fit the hand as well.

These differences have kept me from considering them, so I can't speak as to accuracy and reliability. That nothwithstanding, I prefer the "P" series of pistols.

I own a 2340 as well as a 229 in 40 and there are diferences. Good or bad is up to the individual.
First of all, I do prefer the 229 but have no complaints with the 2340. I like metal. I would prefer to have either in steel, but I have to settle for alloy.
The 2340 is larger and the 229 is better for concealed carry, although it is not small. There is not a huge difference in size except for the grips. Here I like the 2340 better. But I have medium to large hand and use the smaller of the two grips provided. You'd have to have a very large hand to use the other grip, but that is why they give you two.
Take down is easier on the 229.
The slide release is long on the 2340, but I don't use it. I prefer to pull straight back on the slide to reales that.
I think the decocker is better in the 2340 asi t is flatter, but some people find this an anoyance. If it sticks out farther, it is easier to use. I wish it were metal.
I think both are equally as accurate, but the longer slide on the 2340 MIGHT make it easier to sight with. If there is a difference in that, it is minimal.
Recoil might be a factor favoring the 229 as it is heavier, but the differences will be minor. This is subjective. I shoot a lot, and recoil seems to become less a factor in all my guns the more I practice.
Reliability with both is superb.
Don't know where you are, but in my area, Southern Calif., the 229 sells for arond $700, the 2340 for about $550. Worth the diference? Up to you.

Back