• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

how does one become a moderator?

You have to be able to pass a police driving course while holding a beverage and a snack in both hands, talk on a radio, and shoot pepper poppers out the window all at the same time.
This may be difficult for most - but for the clinicly insane, its quite an easy task.
Hard part is that 300 yard popper.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hard part is that 300 yard popper.[/quote]

Yes George, that 300 yard one is a bite! The only good thing about it is that it is located on the streightaway of the course. What I did is that after engagening the other on the slow part of the course, as soon as I left the final turn and started excellerating I transitioned to the Long Arm. This worked fine and I successfully engaged the 300 yarder. Unfortunitly, the first two trys through the course my vehicle speed wasn't up to the required 70 MPH. Good thing they let you come back after more practice.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Yeah - you did great that second day of testing... I liked the way you used a good deal of oversteer to adjust for windage...
Sweet move.
The lost point for clipping that cone on the exit was made up by the hit in the X ring.

Is that all. I've done that while listening to the rookie riding shotgun chattering on subjects of interest only to rookies.

"Yes boy, I know that is what they told you in the academey. But this is my car and this is the way I do it." ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Well, a thick hide and a little tiny pea brain seems to be standard qualifications.

-------------

(Rich, Geo, Schmit, ... I saw this post, but it wasn't me that did it! I think it was Guslinger. He's been using my usename to post ridiculous statements and accusations.. Make him stop. - sensop)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Well, a thick hide and a little tiny pea brain seems to be standard
qualifications[/quote]

Notice he said "pea"? Like I said in another thread...sensop likes the lil green "peas" and encourages/manipulates to get them!!! :D :D :D :D :D

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

There you go. See, instigator! I don't know why I come here to get treated this way!

(grumble....littledamngreenpeafaced....)

Csddwk,

Notice that Rich is the only person who gave you a straight answer? THAT should tell you something.... (Ha ha, hee hee, ho ho, etc....)

Sensop,

If you don't have a pea brain when you *start* this job,
It comes about due to *some* of the members!

And DON'T try to blame your comments on Gutslinger... er, I mean, GUNslinger!

:D :D :D :D (So THERE! ;) )

Hey Sensop, where else can you go and be treated like this and it not cost you anything? :D :D :D :D

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

[This message has been edited by terridarri (edited April 07, 2000).]

csddwk,
The qualification criteria are actually quite stringent for the demographic mean:

breath in, breathe out, repeat.

GUTslinger ... ooooooo, that's good, that's real good!

csddwk,

As you may have observed, being invited to be a moderator is, I assume (... don't say it DC!) like getting in a time machine that only takes your brain back in time ... about a HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS! You step out of the time machine (it's in the moderators lounge) and your first words are, "Me Moderator. Me Grog!" They truly are neanderthals. :) DC's one of the worst (Me Grogette!). MalH too.

The others aren't too bad. Of course there's Rich. Oh boy, don't get me started ...

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited April 09, 2000).]

Errr, 'sure got quiet around this thread. Was it something one of y'all said? 4V50 Gary used "cajoles" first, not me ... !

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited April 09, 2000).]

sensop, you didn't think I'd forget about you?

jump.gif

Back