How does everyone use their Bianchi speed strips?

vmaam

I just got a pair for $7 and don't have any experience with them. Do you just place one round in at a time and twist or bend the rubber until it pops into the chamber?

I stuff two ctgs in, twist sideways, rotate with thumb and continue till stuffed. Pretty quick if you young enough to practice long enough.

Sam

You should be able to load two at a time in a J or K frame. I am not sure if they are as compatible with the L frame, or GP100 size cyliner. I place the index finger along the back of the strip while bracing the cartridges between my my thumb and middle finger. I insert the first two and peel up and away, with the tip of my index finger as the pivot point. Repeat for the next two. I insert the last pair and grab the empty end of the strip to peel it away from the gun and drop it.

To do a 'tactical' reload, you open the cylinder, lightly push up on the ejector rod to raise the cartridges, then release it. With clean, dry chambers, the case expansion from the fired rounds should cause them to remain sticking out when gravity has dropped the others. Remove them, then re-charge with your Strip.

Actually they work better with L frame than K or J. The spacing is just enough off from the spacing in the L cylinder to allow the cartridges to start easily but bind as you shove em down. The binding allows you to rip the strip away rather briskly.

Smash a pair in, rip off, rotate and do it again.

Sam

This is a little off-topic so please excuse the diversion ... but what is a good online source for Bianchi speed strips? There were none at the last gun show I attended. Thanks ... and now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress ...

Sam,

Thanks for the heads-up ... I should have thought of Dillon! Just got through placing my order and, of course, had to spend more than just the $6.50 while I was there!! Thanks again for the info.

Going to Dillon's is a delightful disaster. I get down there on rare occaisions. Spend lots of time. Even if going for one thing invariably leave with more than I can afford. Last time one of their countermen carried the heavy stuff to the car for me.

Wish they carried buttermilk, then I wouldn't have to go to Safeway at all.

Sam

Back