How do you store your Glock..........

Spatula

once you are done shooting? Do you pull the trigger and let it stay back, or keep it in the forward position? I heard many people that it's a good idea to keep the trigger at the back for storage. It will release the tention on the firing pin and trigger spring. On the other hand, the firing pun safety plunger will be compressed (loading the spring underneath) in this case. You can turn an unload Glock upside down to see what I am talking about. Will this cause that particular spring to fatigue sooner, and firing pin safety become less or even no longer effective?

Trigger back. It's a visual indication that the chamber is empty (or at least that the gun is "uncocked").

Have always...

...kept all my Glocks, and all pistols save certain "collectors pieces", with a full mag, one in the chamber, and in a holster. Whether currently being toted, lying around the house, or in storage. It's easier (for me, at least) to remember rule number 1 when it doesn't require "pretending" the gun is loaded.

I keep mine uncocked.
I have a gunvault to pop it into between shootings but I leave it unchambered
1. To keep the springs in tip-top shape (in case I don't go shooting for a while)
2. Basic safety. I don't want to fumble for my gun in the dark and accidentally pull the trigger. I'm kind of paranoid like that. :)

I store mine in the factory box. This requires the trigger pulled to assure an empty chamber. It won't fit the box otherwise. I figure they did it that way for a reason. :)

In the gun safe...in the tupperware with the trigger pulled.

In the "Instant Access" floor safe...a G22...next to the bed...loaded with 13 in the magazine and one ready to fly in the chamber. (with another 13 rounds ready to go)

I don't keep the magazines "topped off"

I keep one loaded on my hip at all times. Three are either in the gunsafe loaded or on the nightstand loaded. The other one is redundant so I keep it trigger pulled in the factory box in the gunsafe. I don't worry about the fatigue on any of the springs it's just that I can look at the gun and tell it's got nothing in the chamber based on the position of the trigger.

I store my Glock in my salt water fish tank..
The fish don't know and neither does the Glock..
Austrian/German Technology.......
Oh yeah....

On my nightstand trigger pulled, mag downloaded by two (highcap) and none in the chamber. The later is not because of spring fatigue but because of safety issues. Racking the slide to make it ready for action requires almost no time.

Back