how do you store, or display your Contenders ???

got that walk in gun safe I'm still working on, & am at the point I'm ready to address displaying my Contenders...

when my father in law had the collection, he converted an old oak ice box to display his Contenders... however he out grew it, before he died, & I've continued to grow the barrel collection...

I'd be interested in seeing, or having you describe how you store or display your Contender collection ( I have 22-24 barrels, & 4 actions )... & I know there are guys here that have at least that many...

... so what do you guys do ???

I'm thinking of doing racks ( using 8" wide boards ) similar to my rifle rack design, only with the left peg hole 1" below the right peg hole ( so the barrels will present horizontal & level ) using the steel pegs, with 1/4" holes in the boards & the heat shrink tube, like I'm using on my handgun racks... maybe the wood dowels on the right ( under the barrel ) & the steel shrink wrapped peg on the left to fit in the pin holes... the Contender's barrels offer almost more of a challenge than my regular rifles or handguns, as they vary from 10" to rifle length...

Last edited:
Were you thinking of displaying them in plain sight, like at a museum?
A neighbor did that with his guns and, sure enough, one day the house was burglarized and all went out the door.
Someone had admired them too much.

as per the 1st line in my post, this will be on the walls of a decent sized walk in gun safe room... so, yes, I'm looking to display them... in a concrete room with no windows, & a thick steel door ;)

I use wall hanger from Ridgebackracks.com. They are a perfect match to the gun, so you don't see the rack behind the gun. For added safety from kids (not thiefs), they have been in retainer/trigger lock.

STEVE... do they make something specific for the Contenders, & or barrels ???

I went to their website, & saw how they worked, but didn't see anything that would work for extra barrels

NOT SURE...

Give them a call, it is a small business in washington State that is very easy to work with. I think he can make anything if you send some pics with a tape measure laying beside it. He has done 4 racks for me so far and I love them. One for my AR15, One for my Mini 14 and one for my S&W 460V. The fourth is not in use now.

info@ridgebackracks.com
Ridgeback Racks
P.O Box 31516
Bellingham WA 98228

Back