how do you guys feel about drive-thru

coolridelude

how do you guys feel about drive-thrus?

i am always a little paranoid at drive thrus because you never know what might happen?

i was at jack in the box two days ago with the windows down. now if something happened i could not get out of the area because it is a one lane drive thru. well i was listen to music not very loud, it was low enought that i could here the next car lock or unlock his/her door. well what got me was he keep on doing it. and what ran thru my mind was may be he was letting the pasanger(spelling). so i was looking at all my mirrors, he keep on doing it. that did get me a little paranoid. so i rolled up my windows and turned on the a/c.

Maybe you are paranoid, but if it bothers you stay out of the drive-thrus. I don't give it a second thought. Just stay alert as you should do anywhere.

Jerry

Who says you have to stay in the lanes if you need to get out??If it got to where I HAD to GO NOW!,I'd go right through any planters or whatever to do it,just make sure you're not imagining more danger than really exists...

Thats why you drive a Big truck with a Cow Pusher bumper on the front. :D

If I have to go anywhere I can including over small cars.
I love when ppl have this expression in the rearveiw mirrors :eek:

not one of my big worries

Seems to me that you do this the same way you do anything. You keep your eyes open. However, keep in mind that the least likely place you're going to have a personal attack is where others can witness. ;)

This is just not a big deal. Don't forget the ketchup with my fries, and that's a DIET Coke, please. :D

Springmom

I avoid drive throughs that have no emengency exit route. Besides, when you walk in you can actually look at the menu, reach your money without pain and look at the pretty gals :D .
dean

I don't worry too much about drive-through's (except for what might be on my 'burger ;) ). ATM's though, especially at night, I'm on red alert!

sometimes i get the urge to eat at night and nothing is open except drive thru. i have thought of just going over plants too.

i neeed a big truck.

i ahve been robbed once when i was 17 at a drive thru. i still got and i am more careful.

it has never happened again. i am glad but it will always be in the back of my mind.

springermom
, what kind of fried, bugerking, whataburger(only in tejas), or jackinthebox.:D

Way back when in High School I worked at a fast food place. It was in a so-so part of town, but we did have a couple of confrontations between people in the drive through. Mostly based on drunk people (who shouldn't have been driving anyway) and nothing that resulted in any serious violence.

I also hate drive throughs, but mostly because I really hate eating in the car. With the family car I have no choice (filthy little urchins ;) ) but with my commuting car I try to keep the french fry crumbs, empty straw wrappers, etc. out of it.

Most people don't like following me thru the drive thru.

Slow, deliberate, all doors locked, only driver's window down, . . . any time of the year. I tend to keep back far enough from the next vehicle that I can exit if I have to, . . . and I keep a sharp eye out for anything that does not look right.

Paranoid? Nahhh, . . . but ain't been robbed either:D :D :D

I don't do ATM's either, . . . at all, . . . period.

May God bless,
Dwight

Just remember, if it is a one lane, one way drive thru, then the person behind you is in the same situation. I can't believe that someone would rob you or do anything serious, knowing that they can't get out either. I eat late at night all the time, I am never paranoid going through the drive thru.

Again for me I have to bring up the fat thing... As I stated in another thread I blame grocery stores for making me fat, well I suppose that the "Drive Thru" also shares some of the blame. So now I am trying to stay away from them...

Seriously the only problem I have with a drive thru is that when busy they are a waste of gas... Sitting in the car idleing is, for me at least, just adding to the cost of the already overpriced fast (and oh so good) fat food...

From a tactical standpoint I never realy considered it a problem - I suppose if something happened I would try to drive away, if I could not, then I suppose I could try to run away...

Realy if something is going to happen I think inside the fast food joint would be the worst place to be, you are there with it if it happens... In any case I am in more imediate danger from a double cheeseburger with bacon (they actually call my name...).

A few months back up in Cleveland; OH we had a BG hitting folks at the McDonalds drive thru. I believe they struck 3 different restaurants. Each time they would walk up to the drivers window and stick a gun in the drivers face. They stole money and even a cell phone. The last robbery the BG stuck his gun into the sunroof and shot the driver (female) in the head. She was in a coma for several weeks before coming out of it. She has brain damage, but not severe. The perp was never caught. Be careful out there!

The way I look at it is, if you are paranoid about drive throughs, then don't use them ... too many ways to get a meal without raising your blood pressure. I've never heard it said that in being aware of your surrounding ment putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation ... a dark alley can be a paranoid situation, but I avoid them at night.

Back