How do you carry speed strips?

notbubba

For that people the use a wheel gun as thier CCW, how do you carry your speed strips?

Front pocket?
Back pocket?
In some kind of holder?

Not often do I carry a revolver; but when I do,
I carry one Bianchi speed strip in my front pant's
pocket.:D :) To add a bit more info, no I don't
carry the speed strip in the same pant's pocket
that contains coin's and key's; but in the opposite
pocket.:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Last edited:
Speed strips can be carried well in several locations, and sometimes require adjustments, just like those required by the gun. I moved my billfold to the other hip pocket years ago, when it interfered with the holster. My keys and change went to the other side when I started carrying speed strips in the front pocket. A few pair of pants (not many) have watch pockets that will hold a strip, but they are rare. I've wanted one of Dillon's speed strip pouches for some time, but the other "hiding places" are more convenient, and make the price higher than I can justify.

I carry one in the front pants pocket, or front suit jacket pocket, strong side. I don't carry anything else in that pocket with the Speed Strip.

Speed Strips come only in .38/.357, unless something new has come out very recently.

First choice is watch pocket in trousers or vest. No watch pocket, then carry in hip pocket.

For calibers that won't work in available speed strips.......autoloader mag and thumb em into the cylinder....works right well with practice. Downside is autoloader mags that will handle .44s n .45s are a tad on the pricey side.

Sam

I found a leather mag holder at a gun show

That holds two speed strips full of .38s, layered atop one another... and a speedloader fits in nicely on top of those. If I run into a situation where I've shot though 24 rounds of hollow point .38, I guess I'll switch to my .45...

-J.

speed strips?

Saw this post and was wondering about speed strips. I looked around on the web and did find some (Bianchi-sp?). I've never seen any around in the stores I've been in (maybe never noticed). The only ones I could find on the web are for .38/.357. Does anyone know if there are any in other calibers (ie .41)?

Back