How do you buy an assault weapon in california?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as that CA isn't quite sure what the new laws mean at this time, you're on your own and it doesn't look good.

I would think that since the USC, and SL-8, have only 1 ugly feature (pistol grip/thumbhole), that they would be okay, once the CA AG figures out the legislation. The magazine is detachable, but it is not capable of accepting a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds (per ATF specs, can CA argue with that?).

It's wait and see time.

Under the new law, with regards to the USC and SL8-1 mag capacity is not an issue. It (PC12276.5) simply prohibits center fire semi automatic rifles which accept a detachable mag and have that 'thumbhole' stock and this is not a matter of interpretation. What is, is whether the specification of a 'pistol grip' developed by DOJ applies to many other weapons previously not included or meant to be by the statute.

In retrospect, my last answer, though accurate, doesn't reflect the new fed definition used to remove "semi-auto" firearms from availability. "Assault" now describes any and all military configurations of weaponry. What a damned shame.

Magnumforce
I suggest you retain an attorney, to research the question, or join and solicit the advice of the Legal Advisor to the State Rifle Association. See my email. This thread and its attempted solicitation of an illegal act is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back