• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How do I use the "quote" feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpcollins

I've checked my profile and everything I can think of but I can't figure out how to use the "quote" feature - can someone help? Thanks.

Here's how I do it,,,

Select and copy the text from the original post,,,
Paste it into your post,,,
Select the text again,,,
Click the "Wrap {Quote} tags around selected text" icon (between the image icon and the # sign)

Aarond

PHP:
Select the text again,,,
Click the "Wrap {Quote} tags around selected text" icon (between the image icon and the # sign)

huh . . .

Select the text again,,,
Click the "Wrap {Quote} tags around selected text" icon (between the image icon and the # sign

Ah . . . got it, thanks.

Next time to help the mods questions like this should be asked in the section site questions and support

How do I use the "quote" feature?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked my profile and everything I can think of but I can't figure out how to use the "quote" feature - can someone help? Thanks.

Like this?

I didn't know how to use the quote feature myself and have been putting " " around stuff I quoted. This will make things easier.

Biker

If you want to get fancy, and add the name of the member you're quoting to the text, do the following:

Select the text you want to quote, and after clicking the quote button, do the following to the first "[.QUOTE]" box:

Sample text:

[.QUOTE]I own a 1911.[./QUOTE]

Modified version

[.QUOTE=That'll Do] I own a 1911.[./QUOTE]

Basically, you add an equal sign, and the name you want to display. (The text does not need to be bold, I just did that for clarity). Note: Don't add a period in the bracketed text, I'm only doing that so you can see what to add.

Here's what it looks like when done:

I own a 1911.

Modified version

That'll Do said:
I own a 1911.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back