• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How do I save threads?

Hotboy

I'd like to save the content from selected threads so that I can refer to them in the future. I've tried dragging, copying, and pasting, but I get a bunch of extra table cells, stacks of graphic objects, metatext, etc. so that I can't really use what I've copied.

Is there a "save" feature somewhere I can take advantage of?

Thanks,
Hotboy

I haven't tried this, but you might email it to yourself. Then it should be in plain text, possibly with some imbedded links. Also that would be a good vehicle to do the saving for you instead of having to copy/paste it anywhere.

[added later]
Nah, that doesn't work. All you get is a link to this thread. I had never sent a thread to myself. I always thought it sent the text and not just a link.

Last edited:
Bookmarking (Favorites) works. Also you can create a printable version by selecting that feature - located on the left below the last post. Then you can print it and keep it on paper or save it to a disk.

The most simple thing to do is probably to go to the upper left corner of your screen and click"File". Then scroll down to "Save as". Depending on how your system is set to save stuff, you may or may not have graphics and you may or may not have operable links, but you will have a properly formatted table full of text.

Back