How do I find a uncommon shotgun, FEG

BoogieMan

I am looking for a FEG shotgun. Condition is everything and I am not concerned with gage or OU vs SS. I have googled FEG shotguns, have a search on gunsamerica, armslist and gunbroker. So far nothing in nice condition has appeared. Anyone know of some shops that might deal more specifically in odd shotguns? Im in NJ and dont have a lot of travel time so gunshows are a rare treat.

TOH- Thanks for that information. I was not aware that FEG was gone. Regardless, they made a LOT of guns over their long history. I found a couple at Simpson and the one TOH linked. IMO there should be some pristine shotguns left on the market somewhere.

Century shows some (parts guns) but that's not what you're looking for...not sure if this link will work for non-dealers though:

http://centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=SG1961-PI

Sometimes their parts guns are in much better shape (and sometimes worse) than they advertise.

If it's something you might be interested in PM me and I'll call and check out for you.

JJK308- The ones listed in Britain look great and are priced low enough to cover the extra shipping charges. Has anyone ever imported a shotgun? Can they simply be sent to my local 01-FFL or is there a lot more involved? Do they have to be stamped when imported?

I wanted to bring this back up and see if anyone new may have some information. Simpson Ltd is the only solid lead I have at this point on a nice quality FEG. Would there be a better forum that I should post on?

Simpsons is probably your best bet. You can look at the photos and pick out a couple that you are interested in, then give them a call. I can't remember the guys name, but there is a guy there that will look at the guns personally, and make a recommendation on what you want. I've never had or ever heard of a problem with anyone buying from them, and their prices are usually better than you will get on Gunbroker, etc..

Back