How do I adjust the trigger on my Hammerli Trailside?

rock_jock

I've read on the Hammerli website that the Trailside has an adjustable trigger, and I see that there is a screw behind the trigger, but I can't see how to adjust it. Anybody have a Trailside that can enlighten me?

BTW, the trigger really begins to hurt my finger after about 50-75 rounds, so I have started using my middle finger to stroke the trigger and my forefinger to point. Anybody elase use this technique to shoot?

The screw behind the trigger will lessen the trigger pull to some degree. Use a small right angle screw driver. I got the pull down to 1 1/2lbs on mine with a lot of other work.

Joe D,

Do you mind if I ask what other work you did? Is this something my gunsmith could take care of pretty easily.

I cut the hammer hook down and shortened the trigger bar engagement with the sear. I polished the sear nose and hammer hook. I also backed off on that screw. Try backing off on the screw first. One word of caution on another subject. The Trailsides have a design flaw. The mag release button does not have a relief for the "tab" to go into on the right side of the frame. Do not use too much force on the button when you release the mag.

Back