How do Burris variables compare to Leupold?

AEM

I'm leaning toward a Burris 2-7x variable for my bolt-action .308, and wondering how it compares to the Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x or the Vari-X II 2-7x. I hear good things about Burris, and it would be about 2/3 the cost of the Leupold Vari-X III. I would appreciate hearing from anyone familiar with the Burris scopes, and particularly how they compare to Leupold in sharpness, low-light capability, durability and holding the point of aim consistently through the power range.

Thanks.

I use them both and they are first class. Only problem I've ever had was leaving adjustment covers on windshield wipers when done shooting. Burris had replacements in the mail the same day at no cost! I've heard Burris is favored out west but you'll be thrilled with either..

This won't start an argument . I have used both and I buy Burris now . I have had 0 problems with the Burris scopes both on handguns and rifles , I did have a Leupold break on a Mini 14 and the factory told me they were running about 6 weeks out on repairs which did not impress me , I replaced it with a Burris . Good luck , Mike...

Burris makes a better scope and it costs less. Especially if you are comparing say the "fullfields" to the vari-x ii's.

The Signature's seem to be excellent scopes also, but I buy the "fullfields" as they seem to be to me the best scope value for your hard earned dollars.

Back