How did I do?

David Scott

I recently picked up a Mossberg 500 Field Model, checkered wood stock/forend and 28" vent-rib barrel. It has a few dings and rub marks, but seems mechanically tight. It came with the manual, cable lock and three Accu-choke tubes plus the choke tube wrench. Looks to have been well cared for. I gave $125 for it after seeing new ones at Wally World in the $240 range. Sound like an OK deal?

I have not shot it yet, bought a 100 round pack of Winchester 2-3/4" shells, #8 shot and am itching to go to the range this weekend. Also blew $40 on a Hoppe's clay thrower and a box of clays.

This is the model:

5012001.gif

You did very well. Good price, especially considering the extra choke tubes & goodies. Nice looking shotgun, too.

We'll be expecting a range report. :D

I thought I did well finding a unfired wood stocked Winchester Defender last weekeng for $199 butcha beat my deal!

David, ya did good. While I prefer the 870s, ain't no flies on the 500 series.

A small caveat when buying used repeaters:

Way more folks know how to wipe off the exterior than keep the interior clean. I'd lay 3:1 odds the receiver has never been gone into. Take the time to find out how to strip this, and clean it assidously. this may be the best investment of an hour you'll ever make...

Back