How concealable is the Taurus 617 .357

solo

I have been looking for a .357 for CCW and have been attracted to the Taurus 617 due to its 7 round capacity. How concealable is this firearm as compared to a model 85 in .38?

Its not bad at all. Of course it's a bit blockier than a 38SPL due to it being a 357 Mag. I should think that it quite do-able. I have one, but for daily carry I use a 1911.
Daddycat

I mainly carry a Glock 32 and/or Glock 19.Sometimes i will carry my T-617 in thunderwear.Depends on the clothes i need to wear and to what degree of concealment. I feel better with the 617 than my 85ul.I also carry 2 speed loaders for the 617.

I carry my 617T everyday in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster....works like a charm, the weight is the same as a loaded steel J frame...Pretty good I say for seven rounds of .357! I often forget it's there.

I have just ordered a OWB beatiful belt slide from FIST holsters (who makes holsters for the 617 model exactly).

BTW...for what it's worth, I carry the 130gr Federal Personal Defense .357's....SUPER manageable recoil with about 490ft/lbs of energy. I have fired them at night, and there is almost NO flash to speak of!

I couldn't be happier with the looks and performace of the gun. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Zack

BTW, gringo5

What speed loaders are you using? Are the speedloaders able to clear the grips ok with no mods?

Thanks
Zack

Back