How Carry Full Moon Clips?

Dillon catalog (Blue Press) has belt holders for full moon clips. They work well.

------------------
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times to spit on his hands,hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

However, someone heavy with the rulebook might complain since the Shoot the Moon and similiar moon-clip carriers are based on the IDPA-banned Safariland CD-2 speedloader carriers.

I emailed IDPA asking if the moon clip carriers that Dillon sells were legal. The answer I got back was --

"The moonclip holders that are allowed are the ones with the center post.I believe Dillon is one of the suppliers."

The moonclip holders I got from Dillon have the center post so I would have to say that they are legal. :cool:

The CD-2 has no center post.
I have used a CD-2 for about ten years to carry a spare loader when I step out of the office. It has never been a problem. I think it should be allowed in IDPA.
Neil Casper

I can't see why the lack of a center post should make the CD-2 illegal. If that is the only complaint then why is the CD-6 also illegal? The wearer's belt divides the held cartridges.

Back