• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How can non-members post?

FUD

Nobody has to answer this if it isn't any of my business but I was just curious how David Schmidbauer, a unregistered member, managed to post something in this trend [Link to invalid post]?
FUD
fud-nra.gif

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited June 16, 2000).]

The user name doesn't appear in The Almighty Database. Same thing happens with Kodiac and GwinnyDaPooh. That's why you'll see some member names appear as staff when they were wee tykes. :)

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited June 16, 2000).]

To specifically answer your question, David Schmidbauer is our Gunny Schmit. He changed his id, but the old name stays in the old threads. What Coinneach said cryptically ( ;) ) is that the attribute (Member, Moderator, etc.) is dynamic and might change in old threads if a members status changes. But the id is static.

In Lock 'n Load, any visitor can also reply, but you need to be rigistered to start a topic. Not sure if this was intentional to encourage visitors or not, but it's a good idea IMHO, for somewhat shy visitors.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited June 18, 2000).]

This is a bit off topic, but can a member change his ID (handle) and keep his status of senior member or whatever? I have a lot of posts under my belt that I wouldn't like to lose if I change handles.

Thanks,
Joe

------------------
Need help writing a letter to Congress or whomever?
Do you have a great letter or post that you would like to share with us?
Then stop by the NEW 2nd Amendment Activist's 'Copy & Paste' Forum!!!

Joe, once you stop using your current handle, all your stats (and the rights and privileges inherent thereto) are reset. We can't transfer your current info to a new handle.

Back