how back logged is the BATF???

.50cal packer

I'm a month and a half into waiting for the C&R license, and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how far back logged the ATF is? :confused: I have read it "generally" takes 2 months for us to get it... If I don't receive it by then, who do I need to call??? Any help is welcome and appreciated.

Everything is backed up I'd imagine. Heck I sent my renewal in for my CCW permit a month before it was due and that was back in the first week of December. I just called today to see what was up, and was told 16-18 weeks is now considered quick :eek:

I'd hate to think how bad anything federal controlled would be.

Don't waste your time with a call, they will tell you to call them back after 90 days.

I renewed mine last year, and it took about 2 months, then I changed my address a couple months later and the turnaround was only about a week, counting the time in the mail.

A guy posted here a couple days ago his took 3 weeks.

Some, for one reason or another, take longer.

Just be happy you are not trying to get approval for a NFA item, that is running 6 months minimum.

Mine took a little over two months. After about 8 weeks, I called the toll-free number on their website and they were able to tell me when it was mailed. They were very courteous and helpful on the phone, a pleasant surprise.

Back