how are the Savage 111 and 110 rifles?

champ198

been wanting to get another rifle and was lookin for a 25-06 but thinkin now i might go with a 270.
have found a few pretty reasonable.
one was a Savage 111 new for $339 with 3x9x40 bushnell scope
the other was a Savage 110 with scope used for $350
anyone got these guns to tell me what they have seen accuracy wise with them?
i know Savage is producing some great guns any more but dont know a ton about them

I have a 110 in.25-06 synthetic accu trigger it will shoot less that 1moa @100yrds. have taken deer at over 300yrds.ITS kind of plain and the stock dont feel that good. But for the money its hard to beat.makes a pretty good varmint getter too.sounds like you found a good deal hope this helped a little GOOD LUCK:D

Yes,champ198 you'll like the accuracy of the 110.. With a little tweaking,my 110 270 win. shoots pretty good. ( a smidge over a 1/2 inch at 100yds), It would do better than I can shoot I believe..;)

Thanks for coming!:cool:

That Savage/Bushnell package comes with the cheapest Bushnell scope known to man. It is not nearly in the same league as their better scopes. You would be better off to buy a bare rifle and mount your own scope on it.

Their fricken fantastical!!!

No really, I love em. There's so many aftermarket parts availble to customize them to what you want. As stated above, buy a plain one and get a better scope. There out of the box accuracy is funaminal. I have an old savage 110 that I bought used. Pre-accu-trigger. I put a 24" heavy barrel in 308 win, and its a tackdriver out to 200 yards. Haven't had a chance to shoot any father. I haven't acually had either of those cartridges, but I do know that the 270 has a cult like fallowing, that ill be in soon;) , and the 25-06 is kinda a dark hourse. Not to many know about it, but its a good medium-medium large game getter with the right bullet, but can also beoaded to lazerlike trajectories for small game, target and varmite hunting. Go savage, you will not regret it.

Edit to add: I believe the differance between the 110 and the 111 is that the 110 has a blind magazine, and the 111 has a detachable box magazine. Aftermarket Stocks are a little harder to find for the 111.

Back