How About .22 Rimfire collectors?

SGW Gunsmith

Anybody here collect older, full boxes of .22 rimfire ammunition? Over the years there have been some pretty cool looking boxes full of .22 rimfire rounds. Here are some that I have:

8G01dmLl.jpg

sY19Ng3l.jpg

25PgSUil.jpg

I have 4 boxes of Peters 22 ammo. I'm too dumb to post pics. Are they worth anything? I don't collect ammo, they just ended up in a large lot I purchased.

Most .22 boxes aren't worth much, unless pretty old and in excellent condition. I don't collect .22s, but I think the best two there might be the Montgomery Ward and Mastercraft "proprietary" boxes.

If I had known what I know now back in the sixties when I was but a wee lad I'd have quite the assortment of rimfire boxes.
My brother and I would drag dad down to the river to shoot all the time.
Those were the days when at 10-12 years old you could walk into the local hardware store and buy a box of 50 for 52 cents.

Anybody else have a .22 auto? Don't shoot it much because rounds are about $25.00 a box of 50 but still keep a 1903 in good condition.

If you go over to rimfirecentral.com there is A very long thread on 22 ammo boxes. And it is well worth looking at. There were some really cool ammo boxes made over the years.

Back