Houge grips vs. Eagle grips

Coop57

Has anybody had experience with the Houge or Eagle wooden replacement grips for their revolvers? I want to put some wood grips on my GP100 and I notice that the Hogues are considerable more expensive.
Any help would be great.

I like the Eagle wooden grips better than my Hogue rubber grips on my S&W 442. I think they look and feel better in the hand. But that is just MHO. I have no experience with the Hogue wooden grips. I don't know how they could be that much better than Eagle's.

Received a set of cocobolo monogrips from Hogue last week. They were nice but not worth the price IMO. There was a small spot near the backstrap were the wood showed a beautiful grain but it made the rest of the grip look ordinary by comparison. Sent them back for a refund and ordered a set of bonded ivory grips with S&W medallions for $38 from www.boonetrading.com They should be here tomorrow hopefully.
Ronin

The Stag grips from Eagle felt rather blocky. When it came down to it I chose the Hogue grips. Their web site has been updated with more pictures of their grips.

I don't know about revolver grips, but I ordered some ebony grips from them for my Delta Elite and they were excellent quality.

all my Hogue rubber grips are great. I don't have any experience with their wood grips.

once again, price usually determines quality in this area.

I have purchased, installed and used several pair of Eagle grips and literally a dozen pair of Hogue's. In fact, just yesterday installed a set of Eagle laminated-rosewood grips on a buddy's revolver...they are beautiful.

Hogue seems to have a slightly higher quality and their exotic materials are different than those from Ajax or Eagle. The one thing I don't like about them is that the grips are going to be a little longer in the butt because of the installation method. Sometimes [as with carry pieces] grips that aren't any longer than the revolver butt are desirable.

That said, anyone have a pair of fancy wood grips for a K-frame round butt that they don't need? :)

Back