Houge grips vs. Eagle grips

Coop57

Has anybody had experience with the Houge or Eagle wooden replacement grips for their revolvers? I want to put some wood grips on my GP100 and I notice that the Hogues are considerable more expensive.
Any help would be great.

the hogues fit my hands better and i find them prettier because i like exotic woods.

it's a moot point with the gp100, but i like the monogrip mounting system better than the grip screws through the sides too.

The Eagles use the traditional method of attachment of two panels secured with a screw. They are much easier on/off for maintenance of the frame, but they can work loose under recoil much easier than the Hogues. I have always preferred Hogues as a full-size grip on a full-size gun.

This may sound strange, but I find the Secret Service grips on my J-frame make for more comfortable shooting of magnums than the UM Boot Grips.:confused: I guess the hand-filling shape helps take the sting out of it easier. Now, I just put a set of the same ones on an N-frame, and so far I am well-pleased.:)

Based on my admittedly small sample of two, the fit may leave a bit to be desired. This is strictly regarding aesthetics, as some of the lines don't exactly mate-up perfectly with the edges of the grip frame. If this is really important to you, you can send the gun in for a small fitting charge.

Back