Hottest Selling Firearms of 2020

Revolver - Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 (and the Ruger Wrangler is #2!)
Semi-auto Handgun - SIG P320
Bolt-Action Rifle - Remington 700
Lever-Action Rifle - Marlin 1895
Semi-auto Rifle - Ruger AR556
O/U Shotgun - Federal Armament FTS
Pump Shotgun - Mossberg 590
Semi-auto Shotgun - IWI Tavor TS12

More details at: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/h...rms-during-the-hottest-gun-sales-market-ever/

Interesting things:
Ruger is killing it in rifles, they have five or six top sellers.
The Beretta M9A3 is the only top selling semi handgun that isn’t a polymer-framed, striker.
.22 single-action revolvers are pretty darn popular for some reason.

Last edited:
He’s psychic.
The good news from this is the Second Amendment hasn’t been totally trashed by then but the models are about 10 years old. :D

Unfortunately it appears that energy and partial weapons aren’t available.

The .22 single actions are popular because they're cheap as is the ammo.

Nice to see the Public Defender is better selling than the standard Judge. I really see no benefit to the 3" Judge and its longer grip, the Public Defender is a much more practical size and the accuracy/patterns are going to be the same even with the shorter barrel.

The reason the Beretta 92 is the only steel frame pistol in the top 10 is because there's no other steel frame pistol that is a remarkably better choice than any of the polymer frame options. 1911's are antiquated, the Browning Hi-Power is soon to be too, so what reason can you give to a new gun owner to make them choose a pistol that is heavier and more complex to disassemble and operate than a standard poly pistol?

I think something to note from the semi auto pistols is the only one that's not a 9mm is the Ruger 57. You'd think it'd be a .22 or a .45, but no, it's a 5.7x28.

I'm surprised by Ruger's AR selling better than S&W's as I think the S&W M&P's are a better rifle. Also a bit surprised at how well 9mm PCC's are selling, I guess others see the benefit to having a rifle that can shoot a very cheap ammo, but itself still be quite effective for home defense. Apparently people really like the ability of the Sub 2000 to fold in half and stick it somewhere readily available.

Remington's dominance on the pump shotgun market is dead, Mossberg and Kel Tec dominate it now.

The Tavor 12ga is the most gawdy looking hunk of chunk I've ever seen.

Hottest selling gun in 2020? All of them.

What he said. It should read. We review Holland and Holland’s latest Royal and the Cabot Meteorite .45. Your perfect rifle pistol combo for 2020......YOUR ONLY RIFLE PISTOL COMBO FOR 2020. :)

S&W 629 is 3rd most popular revolver, Ruger New Model Blackhawk convertible is #5 and the GP100 isn’t even In the top 10 LOL. Whoever put together that list must have been smoking something good.

Bartholomew Roberts Revolver - Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 (and the Ruger Wrangler is #2!)
Semi-auto Handgun - SIG P320
Bolt-Action Rifle - Remington 700
Lever-Action Rifle - Marlin 1895
Semi-auto Rifle - Ruger AR556
O/U Shotgun - Federal Armament FTS
Pump Shotgun - Mossberg 590
Semi-auto Shotgun - IWI Tavor TS12

More details at: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/he...s-market-ever/

Interesting things:
Ruger is killing it in rifles, they have five or six top sellers.
The Beretta M9A3 is the only top selling semi handgun that isn’t a polymer-framed, striker.
.22 single-action revolvers are pretty darn popular for some reason.

1. Fake news.
2. The TTAG article cites NSSF, the National Shooting Sports Foundation for the information.........NO ONE, not TTAG, NSSF or ATF knows what the best selling firearms of 2020 are.
3. Beretta M9A3? Good grief, any Springfield 1911 is laughing at that.
4. Fake news.
5. Fake news.

Back