Hornady SST ammo

SST's are great! I have loaded the 150 grainers in both 308 and 30-'06. Both loads were very accurate. Haven't got to use them for hunting yet, but if they work like the Nosler Ballistic tips, they will do you good. I believe they are supposed to retain weight better thatn the Ballistic tips. Either way, the Ballistic tips drop deer deader than hell. If you order, order the Light Magnum SST's if they make them in your caliber.

Same here, have loaded them in .308 win, but not hunted with them yet. I can say that I get good accuracy with them though.

/Mikke

I have loaded some 130 grain SST bullets in my fathers .270 and got excellent results accuraccy wise. I have not had the opportunity to try them on deer hopefully I can give a report on the effectiveness of the SST come Oct./Nov.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solo:
I have loaded some 130 grain SST bullets in my fathers .270 and got excellent results accuraccy wise. I have not had the opportunity to try them on deer hopefully I can give a report on the effectiveness of the SST come Oct./Nov.[/quote]
Thanks think i will pick up a box, my 308 really likes Hornady 168-gr,all the sst loads around here i can find are 150-gr.

In .308 the only SST bullets available are in 150 grains. I am thinking about picking some up for my 30-06. Currently I am using 165 grain Nosler BT's. I would like to eventually to a side by side comparison on wet newspaper or shoot long ways through a watermelon. In either case I am Interested in which has greater expansion.

Back