HOORAY FOR FLORIDA!

joegerardi

Effective July 1st, any State that will recognize FL's CCW will have complete reciprocity. A list of States that have already agreed are on this site, FL's Dept Of State website:

http://licgweb.dos.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

The list thus far:
"Concealed Carry" States

Updated June 18,1999

The following states have agreed to recognize the right of Florida citizens to carry their concealed firearm while visiting. Conversely, effective July 1,1999, citizens from these states may carry their concealed firearm while visiting Florida.
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Michigan
Mississippi
New Hampshire
Tennessee

This is a good thing. Maybe a National CCW is far away, but great news like this is helping.

As an ex-Floridian, I give her a "thumbs up".
The Democratic Assemblyman here in Nevada killed our reciprocity bill (kept it in the Judiciary Committee). The national CCW is a
good idea, despite the odds. It would outrage the antis and have them and their allies in the media so busy vilifying the bill, they wouldn't have time to dream up more controls. Maybe this is a good time to ask our Congressmen to initiate a bill.

I have a non-resident NH permit as well. I sent a question via the Florida Department of State - Division of Licensing webpage and have not received a response as yet!

If not you can just apply for a Florida non-resident permit. They have an application request form (application application?) on the website quoted above

Back